REMOTE FIRST / ENGINEERING / FULL-TIME
Who are we?
At Qflow we’re on a mission to transform one of the world’s most pollutive industries: Construction. We help them cut waste and reduce their carbon emissions by providing construction and development teams with the data driven insights they need to deliver productive, profitable, and sustainable projects. Our team combines construction experience with software engineering and cutting-edge data science to deliver real-time alerts to risks and opportunities during construction.
After successfully raising an oversubscribed Series A investment round, our technical team is now growing. We are seeking a talented Data Scientist who is eager to contribute to building a sustainable future. If you are passionate about sustainability, believe that with cutting-edge technology we can address tangible issues, you value radical transparency, unstoppable tenacity and encourage collaboration and curiosity within your team, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
Your team and your role
We’re looking for someone to who will be responsible for leveraging data to drive business decisions. You’ll be involved in the entire data science pipeline from exploration and modelling to experimentation and deployment. We need a Data Scientist who can not only develop models but also bring them into production in collaboration with our Engineering team.
You’ll be working in our Data Science team, part of the wider Engineering function, working closely with Product and other technical teams and reporting to the team lead.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Design, develop, test, and deploy predictive models and machine learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualisation techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Write maintainable code, ensure it follows best practices, and document everything
- Validate models and algorithmic performance through A/B testing and other techniques
- Translate complex product requirements into data-driven solutions
- Be a part of architectural decision-making, providing data-focused inputs
- Provide technical mentorship in statistical modelling and machine learning to more junior members of the team
- Keep an eye on the overall objective and business case, avoid getting caught up in the details and losing sight of the bigger picture
- Strong experience in a data-focused environment, with an emphasis on building scalable, high-performance predictive models
- Expertise in Python, especially with libraries such as Pandas, and scikit-learn
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g., Matplotlib, Tableau)
- Experience in taking machine learning models from development into production
- Familiar with fine tuning Large Language Models (LLMs) and prompt engineering
- Familiarity with SQL and noSQL databases
- Familiarity with cloud architecture, instrumentation, CI/CD, and git
- Understanding of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas and data to diverse audiences
- Comfortable guiding and mentoring others in data science best practices
- Some software engineering experience (software engineers with Data/ML/AI leanings are encouraged to apply)
Qflow's Tech Stack
Python, C#, JS/Typescript, React, Azure DevOps, RESTful APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous and synchronous services, distributed storage, Azure Tables, SQL Server and Cosmos, xUnit, Terraform.
💸 Salary up to £75,000, depending on experience
🏡 Remote-first team (we enjoy meeting up from time to time in our London HQ and we would love to see you there too!)
💻 Company laptop and tools
🏝️ 25 days annual leave + 3 days company closure at Christmas + bank holidays
🤒 Paid sick leave
🩺 Private medical insurance
🏥 Critical illness and life insurance
💰 Pension contribution up to 7%
👥 Enhanced family policy
🙋 Paid volunteering days
✈️ We offer up to 90 days of overseas working
🌎 We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint on your behalf via Ecologi
📚 Learning & development and career progression opportunities
🤩 Company social events (online and in person!)
Creating an environment where everyone feels valued, respected and heard is at the forefront of everything we do. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
We created a culture that extends to all aspects of our operations, including step-free access, as we believe that everyone should have equal opportunities to access our facilities, services, and digital platforms.
Important Notice: No Recruitment Agencies
We kindly request that recruitment agencies refrain from contacting us regarding this job posting. We are solely interested in direct applications from candidates. Any unsolicited communication or resumes received from agencies will not be considered or acknowledged. We encourage candidates to apply directly through the provided application process. Thank you for your understanding.